Science using food!
Enjoy fun activities using common kitchen materials, selected from these and other activities.
The children do not eat anything during these activities. No nuts are used in the activities.
- Colour science! See how the food colours can be separated into different colours.
- Red cabbages measure pH! Use red cabbage juice to measure the acidity of liquids.
- Electrical Charges! Explores static charges in foods using balloons.
- Cordial geyser! See what happens when you mix hot and cold liquids together.
- Make a volcano! Watch the lava roll out of the crater.
- Egg Tricks! Tell a fresh egg from a boiled one without cracking the shell.
- Taste tests Do you need your sense of smell to tell one food from another?
- Density Look at the buoyancy of foods in a variety of liquids.
- Smell Snap Use your sense of smell to identify foods while blindfolded.